The Survey Department is the caretaker of all survey information in Leavenworth County.
- Maintain and build upon Horizontal Control Network containing 71 control points throughout the county
- Maintain and build upon county Vertical Control Network containing over 40 points at this time
- Maintain Section Corner reference reports as per K.S.A. 58-2011, for 2181 corners in the County. At present time Leavenworth County has reference reports for 78% of section corners in the county.
- Review and accept surveys and plats performed in Leavenworth County in accordance with the Kansas Minimum Standards for Boundary Surveys as per K.S.A. 58-2005.
- Maintain and protect Leavenworth County road records, which date back to 1855 to present time.
- Provide assistance and education to the public and contractors on how to research County survey information.
- Keep Leavenworth County on the forefront of technology with survey equipment and methodology
- Provide survey needs for the Public Works Department, ranging from construction staking to design surveys.
The County Surveyor shall be a licensed land surveyor in the state of Kansas and practice under the provisions of K.S.A 74-7001 and amendments thereto. The Kansas Statutes that pertain to the duties of the County Surveyor can be found in the provisions of K.S.A. 19-1401 through 1433.