FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Stephanie Sloop, Joint Information Center
Increase in COVID-19 Cases Related to Attendance at Field of Dreams Athletic Complex
Leavenworth, Kan. – The Leavenworth County Health Department has seen an increase in COVID-19 cases from contact tracing investigations related to the Field of Dreams Athletic Complex 14333 Fairmount Rd Basehor, KS 66007. Anyone who attended the Field of Dreams Athletic Complex on June 29 and June 30, 2020 is at risk of exposure and should self-monitor for symptoms.
Individuals are recommended to contact their primary care provider or the Health Department if they develop any of the following symptoms:
- fever of 100.4 F or higher
- myalgia (muscle pain or aches)
- sore throat
- lower respiratory illness (cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing)
- new olfactory and taste disorders
There are simple steps everyone can take to help prevent the spread:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick and only leave home for essential items.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Wear a mask in public places when social distancing is not possible
Please utilize the JIC@leavenworthcounty.gov to submit any questions. Stay up-to-date by following the Health Department Facebook account or Leavenworth County webpage. For more information on visit www.cdc.gov/COVID19.