The Leavenworth County Health Department now has the vaccine for 6 months to 4 years. The Pfizer vaccine will be the only one the health department has at this time.
Location: Leavenworth County Health Department, 500 Eisenhower, Leavenworth, KS
- These are walk-in clinics. No appointments are necessary.
- At this clinic we will be offering the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines.
- The Pfizer (Pediatric Dose) Vaccine is available from 5 years to 11 years old.
- Parents or legal guardians will need to sign and be present for minors receiving the vaccine.
Wonder if you are eligible for a second COVID-19 booster shot?
Leavenworth County Health Department will begin administering second booster doses of COVID-19 to those who are eligible.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Kansas Department of Health and Environment have endorsed a second booster with the following requirements for eligibility:
- A second booster dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine may be administered to individuals 50 years of age and older at least four months after receiving a first booster dose of any authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine.
- In addition, CDC recommends adults who received a primary vaccine and booster dose of Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 vaccine at least four months ago may now receive a second booster dose using an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna).
- A second booster dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine may be administered to individuals 12 years of age and older with certain kinds of immunocompromise at least four months after receipt of a first booster dose of any authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine. These are people who have undergone solid organ transplantation, or who are living with conditions that are considered to have an equivalent level of immunocompromise.
- A second booster dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine may be administered at least four months after the first booster dose of any authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine to individuals 18 years of age and older with the same certain kinds of immunocompromise.