Commission and County Counselor - (913) 684-0417
We are encouraging everyone to continue to view the meeting live via YouTube.
Council on Aging - (913) 684-0777
Most restrictions at the Council on Aging have been lifted or a choice of service is now available. Please see below for additional information.
- Masks are optional for Council on Aging participants and staff who are vaccinated
- Masks are encouraged and recommended to be worn by those who are unvaccinated.
- All Meals on Wheels participants now have the choice of contactless meal delivery or in-home delivery with a short chat with a Council on Aging staff member or Meals on Wheels volunteer.
- In-house dining at our four congregate dining centers is currently not available.
- Qualified meal recipients may continue to travel to the dining centers to pick up their meals.
- Masks will be required for groups of 8 or more on our buses.
Social Services and Assistance:
- PALS program participants now have the choice of contactless or in-home delivery of pet supplies by a Council on Aging staff member.
Treasurer - (913) 684-0430
The County Treasurer’s office at the Courthouse and Tonganoxie Annex will be open for walk-in transactions.
Both Treasurers’ offices require social distancing. If the amount of people to be served extend beyond the anticipated closing time, numbers will not be distributed again until the next day.
BOTH COUNTY TREASURERS’ OFFICE HOURS ARE 8:00 A.M. TO 5:00 P.M., WITH NO NEW TITLE WORK BEING DONE AFTER 4:30.
DRIVER'S LICENSE SERVICES AT THE ANNEX HAVE RESUMED BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. PLEASE CALL 913-364-5730 FOR APPOINTMENT
Community Corrections - (913) 684-0775
Masks and social distancing are required when reporting to this office for services.
Clerk's Office - (913) 684-0421
All services provided by the Clerk's Office and Elections is still available to the public.
Registering to vote, applications for advance voting and other election information is available at the Election section of this web site.
WIC - (913) 250-2040
Leavenworth County WIC Program, 500 Eisenhower Rd #102, Leavenworth KS 66048
Current participants will continue to receive WIC benefits, and new applicants will be assessed, certified, and issued benefits.
The Leavenworth County WIC Office is in operation Monday – Friday 8 am to 5 pm.
WIC appointments may now be conducted in person, using telephone, computer, and other technology. Clinic staff will assess and certify applicants for eligibility and will issue food benefits remotely to those determined eligible.
Important: If you or anyone in your family have a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, please call the local WIC office and reschedule your appointment. You may be able to complete your WIC appointment over the phone.
Masks and social distancing are required to visit our office in person.