Commission and County Counselor - (913) 684-0417
All visitors will be required to wear a mask. We are encouraging everyone to continue to view the meeting live via YouTube.
Appraiser's Office - (913) 684-0440
The office is open for registering taxable personal property. Payment under protests hearings are being conducted over the phone. Property inspections are being conducted when necessary.
Council on Aging - (913) 684-0777
- Staff members and volunteers delivering meals follow all COVID safety protocols:
- Temperatures are taken daily and health pre-screening questions are answered by staff and volunteers upon arrival to work or when picking up meals for delivery.
- Masks and plastic gloves are worn for each delivery, and social distancing is practiced.
- Hot boxes and coolers used to transport meals are sanitized daily.
- Meals are left outside the home at a predetermined location, or in instances of limited mobility, the meal is left inside the door for the recipient.
- Verbal and/or visual contact with the recipient is confirmed during each meal delivery. Many housing facilities are locked. We have a contact in the building who will pick up the meals outside and distribute them by hanging the meals on the doors of the apartments or setting them outside on a table.
- Shelf-stable pantry meals have been delivered to all participants receiving home-delivered meals.
- In-house dining is currently restricted.
- Staff members distributing meals follow all COVID safety protocols, including social distancing, wearing masks & plastic gloves and sanitizing frequently.
- Qualified meal recipients may travel to the center and pick up their meals.
- Transportation team members follow all COVID safety protocols, including social distancing, wearing masks & plastic gloves, and sanitizing frequently.
- Riders will be asked pre-screening health questions prior to scheduled appointments, and trips will be rescheduled, if needed, based on responses.
- Temperatures will be taken at the time of service.
- Local and out-of-county medical trips are currently being scheduled.
- Grocery trips may be scheduled twice per month on alternating weeks.
- Transportation to dining centers is not currently available.
Social Services and Assistance:
- Social Services team members follow all COVID safety protocols, including social distancing, wearing masks & plastic gloves, and sanitizing frequently.
- In-person social events and visiting services are not being scheduled at this time.
- Visiting, Advocacy and Information & Assistance programs are available via phone.
- Medicare enrollment is available by appointment.
- Shopping services may be scheduled every other week.
- Pet supplies for PALS program are available through no-contact delivery. Supplies are delivered to a front or back porch.
- Curb to Curb trash services and Chore services are currently available with no restrictions.
- Tax Assistance will be available in the spring by appointment. Appointments will be scheduled beginning in mid-January.
Planning and Zoning - (913) 684-0465
The Planning and Zoning department is open during regular business hours, appointments are recommended. We still encourage people to do business via phone, email, and postal mail when possible.
Phone: (913) 684-0465
Treasurer - (913) 684-0430
Beginning Monday, JANUARY 4, 2021, the County Treasurer’s office at the Courthouse and Tonganoxie Annex will be open for walk-in transactions.
Both Treasurers’ offices require a mask and social distancing. If the amount of people to be served extend beyond the anticipated closing time, numbers will not be distributed again until the next day.
BOTH COUNTY TREASURERS’ OFFICE HOURS ARE 8:00 A.M. TO 5:00 P.M. , WITH NO NEW TITLE WORK BEING DONE AFTER 4:30.
DRIVERS LICENSE SERVICES AT THE ANNEX ARE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Community Corrections - (913) 684-0775
Masks and social distancing are required when reporting to this office for services.
Public Works - (913) 684-0470
Until further notice, the Public Works Department road maintenance staff shall act as essential staff and will continue to maintain roads in accordance with the guidelines set forth for social distancing.
Noxious Weed Department - (913) 727-3200
Due to public health concerns related to Coronavirus, the Leavenworth County Noxious Weeds office continues to take orders for herbicide chemicals and rental sprayers over the phone by calling (913) 727-3200, orders will be available for pick up at the Noxious Weeds parking lot area at the Leavenworth County Road and Bridge Shop daily between the hours of 7:30 AM – 3:00 PM. Masks will be required to be worn during pick up.
Register of Deeds - (913) 684-0424
Office Hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
Clerk's Office - (913) 684-0421
All services provided by the Clerk's Office and Elections is still available to the public.
Registering to vote, applications for advance voting and other election information is available at the Election section of this web site.
WIC - (913) 250-2040
Leavenworth County WIC Program, 500 Eisenhower Rd #102, Leavenworth KS 66048
Current participants will continue to receive WIC benefits, and new applicants will be assessed, certified, and issued benefits.
The Leavenworth County WIC Office is in operation Monday – Friday 8 am to 5 pm.
Physical presence requirement waived effective Monday, March 23, 2020. WIC appointments may now be conducted using telephone, computer, and other technology. Clinic staff will assess and certify applicants for eligibility and will issue food benefits remotely to those determined eligible.
Important: If you or anyone in your family have a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, please call the local WIC office and reschedule your appointment. You may be able to complete your WIC appointment over the phone.
Masks and social distancing are required to visit our office in person.