The Register of Deeds is responsible for the safe keeping and preserving of documents. We record Warranty Deeds, Transfer on Death Deeds, Quit Claim Deeds, Mortgages, Mortgage Releases, Affidavits, Death Certificates, Surveys, Subdivision Plats, Easements, Military Discharges and many more.
The Register of Deeds also files financing statements and security agreements on personal property under the uniform commercial code, as well as Federal, State, and Medical liens.
Real estate documents are recorded and filed of record as soon as they are received by e-filing. Mailed or walked in documents stop recording at 4:30 p.m. and are returned to the customer the next day.
For all documents you are recording whether walked into the office or mailed:
- All information (no blanks) must be completed on your document prior to presenting it in our office.
- The Notary Public acknowledgement must be correctly executed.
- Correct payment presented by cash, check (pay to LV CO ROD) MasterCard or Visa.
- Provide email address and phone for any questions we may have regarding your document.
- Provide a state issued photo ID if your filing conveys property.
- Provide a self-addressed stamped envelope if you would like the original document returned after recording.
The following is a list of observed holidays where the Register of Deeds Office is closed and will not accept e-Recordings:
|2023 Leavenworth County Holiday Schedule|
|Monday||January 2||New Year's Day|
|Monday||January 16||Martin Luther King, Jr.|
|Monday||February 20||Presidents' Day|
|Monday||May 29||Memorial Day|
|Tuesday||July 4||Independence Day|
|Monday||September 4||Labor Day|
|Monday||October 9||Columbus Day|
|Friday||November 10||Veterans Day|
|Thursday||November 23||Thanksgiving Day|
|Friday||December 22||Christmas Eve|