General Election - November 3, 2020
Advance Ballots will begin being mailed on October 14th.
Advance Voting at the courthouse will begin on October 14th and ends at Noon on Monday, November 2nd.
Early voting will take place in Basehor at United Methodist Church on Tuesday, October 27th from 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Early voting will take place in Tonganoxie at the VFW Building on Wednesday, October 28th from 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
The last day to request an advance ballot to be mailed is October 27th.
There are five ballot drop boxes in Leavenworth County: at the Leavenworth County Courthouse, the Tonganoxie Annex, Lansing City Hall Community Room, Leavenworth City Hall and the Basehor Community Library.
A mailed ballot may be dropped off at any polling location on Election Day. If placed in the mail, it must be post marked by November 3rd and received in the County Election Office no later than Friday, November 7th to be qualified.
|September 18||Begin mailing Federal Service absentee ballots|
|October 13||Last day to register to vote|
|October 14||Begin mailing advance voting ballots & advance voting in office|
|October 27||Last day to request an advance ballot|
|November 2||Noon deadline to vote advance voting ballots in person in the County Election Office|
|November 3||GENERAL ELECTION|
|November 16||County Canvass to certify election results|
Offices to be Elected in 2020:
- U.S. President/Vice President
- U.S. Senator
- U.S. Representative, 2nd District
- State Senator, 3rd District
- State Senator, 5th District
- State Representative, 38th District
- State Representative, 40th District
- State Representative, 41st District
- State Representative, 42nd District
- County Commissioner, 2nd District
- County Commissioner, 3rd District
- County Commissioner, 4th District (unexpired 2 yr. term)
- County Commissioner, 5th District (unexpired 2 yr. term)
- County Clerk
- County Treasurer
- Register of Deeds
- County Attorney
- All Township Trustees and Treasurers
- Lan-Del Water Board (November Only)
- Lansing City Mayor (November Only)
- Precinct Committeemen and Women (August Only)