The Leavenworth County Economic Development staff exists to bolster the local economy through sound practices including business recruitment, business retention, entrepreneurship and advisory services designed to encourage and maintain quality jobs and sustained capital investment in the community.
WHAT WE DO:
- Commercial (non-industrial) Recruitment and Support
- Retail Recruitment and Support
- Residential Recruitment and Support
- Small Business Development and Support
- Business Retention and Existing Business Communications
- Real Estate Site Database and Analytics
- Policy Creation and Maintenance
- General Ombudsman Services – Assisting You to Navigate Government Processes
In short, we support both new and existing businesses of all sizes in advancing their ability to thrive within Leavenworth County. Whether you have a healthy existing business seeking a new location or a facility expansion, or if you are contemplating the launch of a new small business, we are here to assist in assuring you have the tools and information necessary to successfully grow in Leavenworth County.
Our staff also evaluates the use of economic development incentives and makes recommendations for the application of such incentives to the Board of County Commissioners.
Tom Cole serves as the Economic Development Administrator and is pleased to meet with you regarding any business concern you may have within the County. With over 30 years of economic development experience, he will listen to your goals and concerns with the intent to provide solutions and work toward assuring your business is thriving in Leavenworth County. It should also be noted that Tom works closely with our community and local government partners to assure the correct decision-makers are at the table when evaluating solutions to your business needs.